Save up to $289 on all guaranteed Oct-Dec departures.
About your trip
Revolution, architectural masterpieces and ancient ruins await on this five-day cultural escape in the colonial heartland of Mexico. Led by our expert Local Insider, you’ll leave the capital behind and immerse yourself in the beautiful cities of San Miguel de Allende, Querétaro and Guanajuato, learning all about the Colonial era and Mexican Independence as you go. You’ll also visit ancient pyramids and stone warriors in Teotihuacan and Tula, providing you with a deep understanding of this wonderful, storied country. All of our trips are flightless in destination, with 100% of all carbon emissions offset. It's just part of how we see the world while being good to it.
- Marvel at the giant Teotihuacan pyramids
- Meet stone warriors at Tula
- Admire works by artists and artisans in San Miguel de Allende
- Visit Dolores Hidalgo, the birthplace of Mexican Independence
- Discover the beauty of Queretaro
- Embark on an in-depth tour of Guanajuato
Welcome to the capital of Mexico, a fizzing metropolis of sumptuous street food, world-leading museums and countless cultural pursuits. After touching down at Mexico City airport (MEX), you’ll be met by a driver and whisked to your hotel. If there’s enough time, get straight into the streets for a self-guided exploration – the trendy Roma neighborhood’s a great place to start. Return to the hotel for 5pm, when you’ll meet our Local Insider and the rest of the group. Get to know each other over a welcome dinner and drinks.
Fuel up at the hotel breakfast, as today’s adventure will take you back many centuries and you’ll need that energy. Your first stop is Teotihuacan, where giant pyramids watch over the remains of a once-grand pre-Columbian city. Continue your day of time traveling with a tour of Tula, the one-time capital of the Toltecs. End the day in Queretaro, a beautiful colonial city of charming plazas and churches.
Today’s all about discovering the architectural beauty of Colonial Mexico. Start with an exploration of Queretaro, before traveling to San Miguel de Allende, where you’ll see the work of leading local artists at Fabrica la Aurora Centro de Arte y Diseno and tour an artisans market. Continue your day of discovery in Dolores Hidalgo, the birthplace of Mexican Independence. Finally, drive to Guanajuato and admire the beautiful colonial architecture from a lookout point.
Today is all about exploring Guanajuato, a 16th-century city founded by the Spanish. Start – after breakfast, of course – at the birthplace of muralist Diego Rivera, one of the most important artists in Mexican history. It’s then on to the Alhóndiga de Granaditas, once a grain storehouse and fort, now a museum with exhibits covering the Mexican Independence. Finish with an in-depth city tour, taking in the architectural marvels of Guanajuato, its Unesco-listed historic center and beautiful baroque buildings.
Your tour comes to an end today, but not before one last breakfast. Now’s a good time to swap numbers with your newly found friends. There’s a group transfer to Mexico City airport (MEX), where you’ll bid everyone farewell and continue with your onward journey. Important to note: no outbound flights should be booked to depart before 17:00.
- Four nights hotel accommodation
- Four breakfasts, one dinner
- Return airport transfers to Mexico City (MEX)
- Teotihuacan tour
- Tula tour
- Queretaro tour
- San Miguel de Allende tour
- Dolores Hidalgo tour
- Guanajuato lookout visit
- Diego Rivera birthplace visit
- Alhóndiga de Granaditas visit
- Guanajuato tour
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Flights to and from the destination
Best Western Majestic
The Mexican president is your neighbor when you stay at the Best Western Majestic, which sits right next to the Zocalo – the main plaza in Mexico City. That makes exploring the capital a breeze, with the giant Catedral Metropolitana, Templo Mayor and Torre Latinoamericana all within an easy walk. Comfortable rooms, a restaurant serving Mexican dishes, and a bar with epic views makes returning easy too.
History and comfort combine at Hotel Madero, a stylish boutique in the heart of Querétaro. Original features have been kept throughout this mid-18th-century building, while the rooms are more modern in style. Tired from all that exploring? Hit up the spa for a massage or facial treatment.
El Mesón de los Poetas
Housed in an 18th-century mansion, El Mesón de los Poetas has 41 rooms within walking distance of the most important stops in the city, including the Diego Rivera museum and the Alhóndiga de Granaditas. There’s an on-site art gallery for more cultural diversions and a restaurant for a hearty breakfast, while rooms are traditional and comfortable.
The safety and wellbeing of all travellers is our top priority. To help us ensure this, please refer to this checklist:
- Please check the entry requirements for the destination you are travelling to. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- We recommend you confirm all guidance on official government sites and check that you are able to travel with your travel insurance issuer. Your travel insurance may be invalidated if you travel against government advice. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- You must be aged 18 years or over to join this trip.
- Please be sure to check whether or not you need a visa to enter the country you're travelling to. Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions for further information.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or accessibility requirements, please notify our Customer Support team as soon as possible.
- To upgrade to a private room, or book pre- and post-trip accommodation and/or airport transfers, please contact our Customer Support team.
- Please be aware that travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers.
- Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. While unlikely, these changes can happen due to circumstances beyond our control. We will always do our best to ensure minimal impact on your experience.
- Please be aware images on this page are for illustrative purposes and may not reflect your itinerary exactly.
- Please note: departure airport is Mexico City Airport (MEX). No outbound flights should be booked to depart before 17:00 local time.
If you cancel 56 days or more before your scheduled departure date, you will receive a 100% refund. Otherwise, the total cost of your trip is:
- 100% payable if you cancel 29 days or less before your departure date.
- 50% payable if you cancel between 30 - 55 days before your departure date.
Please note you can only book this trip in advance up to 14 days before the departure date. After this time the trip may be booked on request.
Terms & Conditions
Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions.